[Nut-upsuser] Master Works, Slave Does Not

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:34:44 UTC 2014

On Nov 9, 2014, at 7:56 PM, Steve Read <sd_read at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Boy, I guess I got that one wrong.
>
> When I run nmap on the master it does say that port 3493 is open which is expected.
>
> So then what you are telling me means the ports are open.
> In other words I don't have a firewall issue.

I know this sounds incredibly pedantic, but if you run nmap on the slave and scan the master, and it says the ports are open, then you don't have a firewall issue. The "netstat" output is independent of the firewall.

> Now I am stumped as to why the slave does not shut down?

You should see something like this in /var/log/daemon.log on the slave (and on the master, but you said that was shutting down already):

upsmon[1234]: Communications with UPS sdrups at 192.168.0.7 established

Once that connection is up, you can run "sudo upsmon -c fsd" on the master to simulate a power failure (to avoid running down the batteries too much). Note that this will shut down the master system, too. Details are in the upsmon man page.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail