[Nut-upsuser] Master Works, Slave Does Not

Steve Read sd_read at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:54:50 UTC 2014

On the slave which is 192.168.0.6 in /var/log/daemon.log I see entries of:
Nov 10 17:43:03 server2 upsmon[2120]: Poll UPS [root at 192.168.0.7] failed - [root] does not exist on server 192.168.0.7
In upsmon.conf I have one entry:
MONITOR root at 192.168.0.7 1 sdrups autocadba2 slave
(Yes, I realize I displayed my password some time ago)
So I think it is saying that root does not exist on server which is confusing as on the server 192.168.0.7 I have.
In upsd.users I have
    [root]	password  = autocadba2	upsmon master	instcmds = ALL
So why is it saying root does not exist on server?