[Nut-upsuser] configure: error: "Net-SNMP Libraries not found, required for SNMP drivers"

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:26:26 UTC 2014

[please keep the list CC'd, thanks]

On Oct 9, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Brian Jester <bjester at spawar.navy.mil> wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Thanks for taking a look, I think it's having trouble with the architecture
> "pentium_pro".  I'm testing in a Solaris X86 VM, but the final product will
> be compiled on SPARC, so it may work on that architecture, but my
> development and prototyping is on X86.

It looks like "-xchip=pentium_pro" is a valid option for the sunstudio compiler, but it seems as though the rest of NUT is being built with GCC, and GCC uses a different syntax for specifying the architecture.

If you get a similar error with the SPARC machine, you may want to see if you can get NUT to use the Sun compiler instead. (This is probably faster than rebuilding Net-SNMP with GCC.)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail