[Nut-upsuser] Belkin unk ups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 12:19:02 UTC 2014

On Oct 12, 2014, at 8:28 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Its unk because whats plugged in seems to be blocking the rear name plate.
> About all I can recall is that its big, 3 battery unit, rated somewhere
> north ob 1250 VA.
>
> Its an 050D:0751 Belkin.
>
> What driver should I use, and what file is that set in?

Looks like it is in usbhid-ups.

If you're asking what file should you specify the driver in, it's ups.conf (probably still located in /etc/nut; I don't think it has moved much in Ubuntu/Debian over the years).

If you are curious where the USB ID list is in the source, for usbhid-ups, there are several files named drivers/*-hid.c, and they all have macros of the form USB_DEVICE(VID, PID) which will match the hex VID:PID.

> The nut version presently and freshly installed is from the Ubuntu 10.04.4
> LTS repo's.  Probably old, but IIRC it also worked with the Ubu 8.04 LTS
> version.

A quick check shows that your UPS's ID was added in 2006 (NUT v2.0.3 and later) so your version should be new enough.

--
Charles Lepple
http://ghz.cc/charles/