[Nut-upsuser] config file locations

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Oct 22 03:37:35 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 21 October 2014 22:06:48 Charles Lepple did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Hi Gene,
>
> On Oct 21, 2014, at 9:12 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> >> configure: error: libgd not found, required for CGI build
> >>
> >> And gdlib does not appear to be available from the repo's.
>
> Sorry, I must have missed that message.
>
> This is still with Ubuntu 10.04, right?
Yes.

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/lucid/nut lists the build
> dependencies, and it looks like both libgd2-xpm-dev and
> libgd2-noxpm-dev are still available. (NUT does not explicitly need
> the XPM support, so either one should work.)

Hummm, that got me past that barricade, but then it needed asciidoc, which
pulled in everything else it was fussing about. The everything else was
close to all of tex and latex, something north of 220 megs worth.  Drive
space I have, but thats a heck of big hunk of dependency.

However, the configure is still bailing out:

checking for library containing gdImagePng... -lgd
checking whether to build CGI programs... yes
checking for asciidoc... /usr/bin/asciidoc
checking for asciiDoc version... 8.5.2 found
checking for a2x... /usr/bin/a2x
checking for a2x version... 8.5.2 found
checking for dblatex... /usr/bin/dblatex
checking for dblatex version... 0.2.12-4 found
checking if asciidoc version can build html-single... no
checking if a2x version can build html-chunked... no
checking if dblatex version can build pdf... yes
configure: error: "Unable to build  html-single html-chunked
documentation"

which doesn't tell me what else I need.  Clues?

> I will admit that we haven't done much with the NUT CGI stuff lately. A
> few years ago, someone pointed me towards collectd, which logs
> min/max/average values to RRD databases (among others), and I have
> been using that to get hourly/daily/weekly/monthly summaries via CGI
> scripts (/usr/share/doc/collectd-core/examples/collection3). NUT
> monitoring seems to be available in the collectd version that is in
> 10.04. Something to consider if you are looking for more than just an
> instantaneous readout: http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/collectd

I'll take a look after I make sure its installed.  Thanks for the hint.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)