[Nut-upsuser] Cannot connect to a GPSER on serial, USB returning wrong data

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:33:29 UTC 2015

On Apr 15, 2015, at 3:56 PM, Dan Craciun <dany.craciun at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Nut 2.7.2 with riello_ser and riello_usb 0.3 (upgraded from
> 0.2). Raspbian on Raspberry PI model 2015.
>
> The drivers work on SENTR models.
>
> But on several GPSER the behaviour is erratic:
> - usually, the serial driver cannot connect with the UPS. But, when left
> on for several days, I found that it suddenly connected on one machine...
> - the usb driver connects immediately, but failes to recognize the UPS
> model and the readings are wrong. The GPSER models we have are single
> phase, the drive sees them as 3-phase. The output of upsc is below.
> You'll notice a lot of 52432 values.

I CC'd Elio from Riello. Maybe they have seen this before?

I am not very familiar with the code or the protocol, but a quick look at the driver says that you should be able to see traces of the data by passing "-DDD" to the driver.

If you capture the logs this way, I don't think it needs to be for long - especially because it incorrectly detected the phases during initialization. Please gzip the output before emailing the list. Thanks!

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail