[Nut-upsuser] Cannot connect to a GPSER on serial, USB returning wrong data

Dan Craciun dany.craciun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:38:36 UTC 2015

Hi Charles,

I already solved the problem and emailed Elio, just forgot to update the
list. Sorry.

Could not make serial connection work reliably (probably bug or hardware
problem) but the problem with USB was that I had both an USB cable and a
serial cable connected.
I tried at first only with a serial cable, but the UPS is in a remote
location, so once I determined serial had issues I connected both a
serial and USB cable, so I could test both remotely.

Turns out this was a bad idea. Once I disconnected the serial cable, the
USB driver connected and reported correct values.

Probably this should be in the documentation: for select models, serial
connection does not work reliably and for USB to work you need to have
only the USB cable connected.

HTH,
Dan