[Nut-upsuser] APC Back-UPS ES 650 connected to a Synology DS411slim

Daniel Green ddgreen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 04:01:02 UTC 2015

I found their source code for what appears to be the previous version of
DSM (their OS), the most recent entry in the NUT Changelog is:

2012-05-31  Arnaud Quette <arnaud.quette at free.fr>

        * [r3643] NEWS, UPGRADING, configure.in, docs/website/news.txt:
          Final update for 2.6.4 release

Ah ha. Nevermind the above, I tried just running upsmon and that worked
(with settings taken from upsd.users on the NAS). Somehow I didn't realize
upsd was not required. However, I do have a follow on question. The only
entry in upsd.users on the NAS has 'upsmon master'. Can I run upsmon on my
desktop as a slave, or do I need to create another user in upsd.users on
the NAS with 'upsmon slave'?

Thanks,
Dan