[Nut-upsuser] Configure NUT slaves for D-Link 320 ShareCenter NUT master

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 02:37:07 UTC 2015

On Sep 24, 2015, at 5:20 PM, Panagiotis Atmatzidis <atma at convalesco.org> wrote:

> However there is a ‘shadow’ file which has a ‘root’ user. The password hash (md5) is not similar to ‘admin’ password which I use from the web-ui.

Definitely something to check, but it would be a coincidence if that worked. NUT's upsd.users is designed to be separate from the system password file. Also note that they might not have added monitoring roles to upsd.users, either.

Since NUT is distributed under the GPL, you should be able to request a copy of the source code that D-Link used to build that version of NUT. It might have some insights into how their integration works.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail