[Nut-upsuser] Keeps losing connection with UPS (local usb connection)

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Fri Dec 9 06:27:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> Hello fellow victim of Tripplite braindead USB!  There is a solution!
>
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, dwilliss at inebraska.com wrote:
>
>>                  service nut-server stop
>>                  service nut-server start
>>
>>  Then everything is fine again for a while.

I jumped the gun.  Mine did not reset so easily.  So you are better
off than me.  The SMART1500LCDT actually disappears from the USB bus!
You can trigger a reset script with upssched.  You could actually use
my solution, although it is overkill.  By cycling port power, you
simulate unplugging, and replugging the USB connector.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>