[Nut-upsuser] usbhid-ups: Failed to open device, skipping. (Permission denied)

Stuart Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Sat Apr 8 02:36:01 UTC 2017

On 04/07/2017 09:15 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Charles Lepple writes:
>

>> Full gory details here: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/122
>
> This particular new unit came with its own USB cable, and this unit is
> plugged into a relatively old server. The motherboard is about ten
> years old.

I also had this problem with this unit.  My hacky solution solution is
here: https://github.com/sdgathman/trippfix

I'm convinced that the USB interface on these units is braindead -
despite their other excellent qualities (excellent handling of
outages).  Many other people have the same problem with this unit,
including Windows users with the supplied proprietary monitoring
software, so I think it is hardware.