[Nut-upsuser] NUT not recognising Mini-box OpenUPS 2

Song Teck songteck at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 09:24:53 UTC 2017

Hi Charles,

Have managed to make some progress after a fashion. Got the unit to work on
the jessie version of NUT (2.7.2). upsc does output the unit parameters,
along with the mis-scaled voltage readings described at
http://networkupstools.org/ddl/Mini-Box.com/OpenUPS2.html. Am now trying to
get the shutdown sequence to work properly.

Have been following this:
http://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html
Unit performs as described in the "Testing shutdowns" section.

I have another question that I am hoping to get some clarification with.

The ups unit does not transit into OB LB even when Battery Charge falls
below the LB level. The unit does initiate power off properly when Battery
Charge/Runtime reaches 0.
Is this correct? Or should there be an earlier transition and shutdown
triggered by OB LB?

I have also not been able to successfully get NOTIFYMSG or NOTIFYFLAG to
work successfully although I suspect that has to do with my configuration
of NOTIFYCMD. Will pursue that a little more.

Cheers