[Nut-upsuser] [HCL] Powerware PW5125 with driver bcmxcp

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Tue Feb 21 15:14:02 UTC 2017

On 2/21/2017 8:34 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Mike <the.lists at mgm51.com> wrote:
>>
>> This UPS is already listed in the compatibility list.   But I wanted to
>> add the instant commands supported by upscmd:

>> and note that a delayed shutoff command is not available.
>>
>> (NUT 2.7.4 on OpenBSD 6.0)
>>
>> imo, it would be useful if this info were submitted along with the other
>> info when an HCL entry is submitted.
>
> Agreed, and we do ask for upsc, upsrw and upscmd output here:
>
> http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html#footnotes
>
> Let us know if there is another place we should update.
>
> To get an idea of the age of the unit, is this a pre-merger Powerware, or is it also labeled Eaton?
>
> Given the age of the other PW5125 entries, can you please send upsc (and upsrw) output as well? Feel free to mask portions of the serial number, but at least for other vendors, the first few characters can be useful for identifying differences in the underlying implementation. Hopefully the ups.firmware value is sufficient.
>
> Thanks!

I'm attaching a text file with the requested info.

The company logo on the front panel says, "Powerware."  The company name
in the upsc output is Eaton.  The serial number decal on the back of the
unit also says "Powerware."  My hazy memory thinks that I bought the
unit in 2006.

> Let us know if there is another place we should update.

That place is fine.  I wrote that in my post more to encourage others to
submit the info for the UPS they use.  :)

btw, back in December, I was having this conversation...

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2016-December/010461.html

which went quiet while I was waiting for a reply.   I'm back in a spot
where I can play with that UPS again, if there is something you'd like
me to do with it.

Let me know if there is anything else you need...