[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Andrea de Lutti adelutti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:06:46 UTC 2017

> MONITOR dummy at artu 1 user pass master
>> SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
>> NOTIFYCMD /usr/local/bin/upssched-script
>>

> Hi, As far as I can see, what you are getting in syslog corresponds
> correctly to what you have specified.  You have specified that upsmon is to
> call upssched-script _directly_.  This means that the argument to the
> script call will be the NOTIFYMSG value.  But in upssched-script you are
> testing for the notifytype, e.g. ONBATT.
>
> Did you want that, or did you want NOTIFYCMD to point to upssched?
>
> If I may throw away modesty, see chapter 4 in
> http://rogerprice.org/NUT/ConfigExamples.A5.pdf which has a diagram and a
> fully worked example.
>
> Roger
>

>> ​Hi Roger,
thanks for your reply.
My intention is to set my email script when some event occurs (on battery
and so on).
in chapter 4.2 you mention

The NOTIFY events detected by upsmon and flagged as EXEC in upsmon.conf
become events for upssched when NOTIFYCMD points to upssched.

​I would like that NOTIFYCMD points to upssched​.

Thank you lots,
Andrea

​