[Nut-upsuser] Help with Elite 800VA usb UPS

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Jun 14 09:45:32 UTC 2017

On 06/14/2017 12:25 PM, Andrea de Lutti wrote:
> Hi, it's me again.
> I haven't yet tested my UPS with full load, but I have tried to insert
> some values in ups.conf, I have kept the example on the blazer_usb
> driver hel page:
>
> runtimecal = 240,100,720,50
>

> When I try to start the driver, I receive
>
> root at artu:~# upsdrvctl start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.11 (2.7.2)
> Supported UPS detected with megatec protocol
> Rating information unavailable
> Vendor information unavailable
> No values provided for battery high/low voltages in ups.conf
>
> Using 'guestimation' (low: -0.866667, high: -1.083333)!
> Initial battery charge undetermined
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> What should I do?
> Thanks again,
>
> Andrea

Here's a functional example from a UPS I setup several weeks ago, after
a lot of trial-fail-fix-retry runs:
[guardian]
         driver = nutdrv_qx
         port = auto
         desc = "Guardian LCD 1500 AP by Inform"
         #manufacturer = Inform
         #modelname = "Guardian LCD 1500 AP"
         vendorid = 0001
         productID = 0000
         protocol = q1
#       override.battery.packs = 1
         runtimecal = 120,100,480,50
         default.battery.voltage.low = 21.2
         default.battery.voltage.high = 27.7

Mind that the voltages included in the file ( 21.2 and 27.7 ) are those
that were reported by the UPS after being fully charged and respectively
immediately before shutdown. The runtimecal was also created based on
the actual run times , after using some coffee machines and lamps to
create dummy loads of (roughly ) 50% and 100%