[Nut-upsuser] Wrong battery.date variable value [APC, usbhid-ups]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 03:33:49 BST 2018

On Aug 30, 2018, at 10:05 AM, Ong, Kevin wrote:

> For the debug commands, is there a line break between "upsdrvctl stop" and "/usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a APC_BR1500GI -DDDDD 2>&1 | tee /tmp/APC_BR1500GI.debug.txt"? Well, I tried both ways and I come up with an "Ambiguous output redirect." error message.

Hmm, I ran that exact set of commands under /bin/sh, and it worked on FreeBSD 11.1 (well, almost exactly - had to change the UPS name for my system). Be sure not to put any spaces between the characters "2>&1".

Is it possible that you are using a different shell for the root account? For csh, this might work:

/usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a APC_BR1500GI -DDDDD >& /tmp/APC_BR1500GI.debug.txt

but it won't show the output as it writes it to the log file.