[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite BCPERS450 shutdown/restart problems

Ken Olum kdo at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jan 23 20:08:31 UTC 2018

   From: Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
   Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:02:14 -0500

   On Jan 22, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Ken Olum <kdo at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:

   > I tested the effect of setting UPS.OutletSystem.Outlet.DelayBeforeShutdown
   > using Tripp Lite's software, which appears to be as follows:

   Theoretically, this should be the same as running the command "upscmd bcpers at localhost -u <upsd.user> load.off.delay <delay>".

It is.  And now I can see that it sets ups.timer.shutdown (as reported
by upsc) to the number that you give and that then counts down until the
shutdown.

But note that in spite of the words "outlet" and "load" in the
descriptors, what this control actually does is to shut down the UPS,
not just the load.  So is the real problem here that the system has
somehow misidentified the UPS delayed shutdown control as the delayed
load-off control, and that's why it doesn't use it when you say
"usbhid-ups -k"?

   in the mean time, would you be interested in setting things up to
   rebuild the driver?

I was able to build it following your directions.  Some things went in
the same place as the Ubuntu packages had used, but others did not, so I
removed the Ubuntu packages, and installed from source.  Most things
seem to work, though "/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a bcpers450 -k" now gets a
segfault instead of doing the (wrong) thing it did before.

                                        Ken