[Nut-upsuser] Data Stale issue

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Mon May 6 19:57:12 BST 2019

On Mon, 6 May 2019, Gareth Davies wrote:

> Just to say, I stopped the driver and started it again and the errors went
> away! However, I turned off power to the UPS but I wasn’t receiving any
> e-mails :( also when I rebooted the RPi the driver/service didn’t start back
> up automatically...
>
> I wonder if you have any thoughts on the above?

Those are issues with understanding your distro.  For the latter, if
you are using systemd, and your systemd service is called
nut-server.service (as it is in Fedora), you would enable it at boot
with "systemctl enable nut-server".  Systemd automatically starts
prerequistites first, so on Fedora at least, starting nut-server first
starts nut-driver.  You probably also need to start nut-monitor, as
that is the usual place you would configure sending notifications.

Sorry, I don't have details on Debian.

--
 	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at gathman.org>