[Nut-upsuser] nut vs ups fail

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue May 7 10:06:27 BST 2019

New testing install(stretch)
pulled in nut stuff from repo.
copied old wheezy configs to /etc/nut, overwriting the resident files
can't talk to ups, missing usbhid-ups file

Found it in /lib/nut, doesn't modprobe, not in /lib/modules/kernelversion
tree.

I need to fix this, how do I proceed? A direct address path
in /etc/modules? Doesn't work..

I did try this:

root at coyote:etc$ insmod /lib/nut/usbhid-ups
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/nut/usbhid-ups: Invalid
module format.

Is this telling me I need to get the nut src and compile it for 64 bit?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)