[Nut-upsuser] Problems with NUT on Raspberry Pi

EP el.popans at t-online.de
Sat Oct 26 14:45:07 BST 2019

Hi, thanks for your reply.

>> The Unit is new, the battery drains because it went down to about 15
>> percent before NUT shuts it down.
>>
>> Yes, I can here a "clac". The problem is not the shutdown procedure,
>> it works quite good. After the Unit reaches 20 percent the NUT-Server
>> on the pi shuts down the system and the ups is turned off as well. The
>> problem is, it starts up immediately even though the unit is still on
>> battery. That means the whole network equipment is powered on battery.
>> The UPS shouldn't start on battery, it should start when power returns on line.

> If the unit is new and you hear the "clac", then it's beginning to look like an internal problem in the UPS itself.

OK, maybe I will just send it back. What does the "clac" mean. I will test it again anyway and hear for the "clac".

> Is it possible to test the UPS using the provided software?

Problem is, there ist only Windows-software available, there is no Windows-machine in my server-rack. Maybe I will have to get a laptop to work on it.

> By the way, do you have offdelay and ondelay values in your ups.conf ?

No, I haven’t. I just added. Should I add more lines here?

maxretry = 3

[ups]
        driver = usbhid-ups
        port = auto
        desc = "CPS"
        pollinterval = 15

> Roger
>
> PS: Please keep the list traffic on the list.  Thanks.

Sorry for that, I didn’t notice the e-mail-adress.

BTW: I testet the ups with the Synology-NAS in the meantime, running the nas as UPS-Server. Same behavior as with the pi. Synology goes to safe mode, turns off the ups. After a second the ups starts up itself again without power on line.