[Nut-upsuser] Problems with NUT on Raspberry Pi

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Oct 26 14:31:07 BST 2019

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019, EP wrote:

> The Unit is new, the battery drains because it went down to about 15 percent
> before NUT shuts it down.
>
> Yes, I can here a "clac". The problem is not the shutdown procedure, it works
> quite good. After the Unit reaches 20 percent the NUT-Server on the pi shuts
> down the system and the ups is turned off as well. The problem is, it starts
> up immediately even though the unit is still on battery. That means the whole
> network equipment is powered on battery. The UPS shouldn't start on battery,
> it should start when power returns on line.

If the unit is new and you hear the "clac", then it's beginning to look like an
internal problem in the UPS itself.

Is it possible to test the UPS using the provided software ?

By the way, do you have offdelay and ondelay values in your ups.conf ?

Roger

PS: Please keep the list traffic on the list.  Thanks.