[Nut-upsuser] Problems with NUT on Raspberry Pi

EP el.popans at t-online.de
Sun Oct 27 11:42:44 GMT 2019

Same behavior here. I tested it by executing the usrw-command (bash) as well. UPS turns off and on again. It even seems to ignore the ups.delay.shutdown (was set to 120 seconds but shutted down faster).

Afterwards I set the ups.delay.start to -1. That makes the ups staying off. But - and that is the big mistake - it doesn't turn on when power returns with this setting.

I can't imagine that's the way cyberpower wants their unit to work. With this behavior the unit does exactly the opposite of what it is built for. It doesn't protect your equipment. It will destroy it because the server which was just shutted down cleanly will boot again on a battery-powererd ups. What a crap.

But I am not finished at all because I can't believe there is no solution for this problem.