[Nut-upsuser] Changing UPS to a bigger APC 1500 1000WA, what driver?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Sep 14 20:30:47 BST 2019

I've drug it as far under the table as I can get it on a 30% heart.
Yeah, I'm getting on, I'll be 85 in about 2 weeks. Heart surgury will be
scheduled in the next few days to replace a worn out, leaky aortic
valve.  Piece if cake if my veins are big enough.

So what driver do I use with a Smart-UPS_1500???

Never mind it was found and accessed by the bootup! upsc my usp reports:

gene at coyote:~$ upsc myups
Init SSL without certificate database <<- whats this mean?
battery.charge: 88
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.runtime: -1
battery.runtime.low: 150
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 27.2
battery.voltage.nominal: 24.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Smart-UPS_1500
device.serial: 3S1906X11389
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 120
driver.parameter.ondelay: 150
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.4
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.96
driver.version.internal: 0.41
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 120
ups.firmware: UPS 03.5 / ID=1015
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2019/02/06
ups.model: Smart-UPS_1500
ups.productid: 0003
ups.serial: 3S1906X11389
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: 65535
ups.vendorid: 051d
gene at coyote:~$

Which is a little less verbose than the smaller belkin I took out because
its 3rd battery set had failed, apparently at least 3 shorted cells.

I can recall the first time I setup nut to watch a ups, a cast iron
bitch.  An old wet batttery NCR that was bigger than my 30" tower
computer. Ate battery's for breakfast too. This automatic configuration
is a breath of fresh air, thank you very much.
Amazing...  Now I need to get something and finsh shoving it under the
desk, piece of 1x4 about 4 feet long.  Must be all of 70 lbs...  Or I'm
getting puny in my advanced years. I no longer can claim I am as good as
I ever was, not even once.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis