[Nut-upsuser] nut on armhf, r-pi4b IOW

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Jan 8 17:01:08 GMT 2020

On Wednesday 08 January 2020 09:37:10 Roger Price wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jan 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > ● nut-monitor.service - Network UPS Tools - power device monitor and
> > shutdown controller
> >   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nut-monitor.service; enabled;
> > vendor preset: enabled)
> >   Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Tue 2020-01-07 07:19:19
> > EST; 116ms ago
> >  Process: 32343 ExecStart=/sbin/upsmon (code=exited,
> > status=0/SUCCESS)
> >
> > Jan 07 07:19:19 rpi4 systemd[1]: Starting Network UPS Tools - power
> > device monitor and shutdown controller...
> > Jan 07 07:19:19 rpi4 upsmon[32343]: upsmon disabled, please adjust
> > the configuration to your needs
> > Jan 07 07:19:19 rpi4 upsmon[32343]: Then set MODE to a suitable
> > value in /etc/nut/nut.conf to enable it
> >
> > So, is there enough help in the man pages?, or do you see any
> > showstoppers in the above trace?
>
> The configuration file nut.conf is supplied with the declaration
> MODE=none which is a built-in showstopper.  The user is expected to
> change this to show that NUT has been configured.  There are more
> details in man nut.conf.
>
> Roger

ATM, its a bit cold here to go putzing around although I might get some
free time later this afternoon to go install this toy ups. I have to
start by figuring out where I hang it on the overhead frame thats also
holding a 4000 lumen led light over an 11x54 CNC'd lathe.

I am also the caretaker for my bride of 30 years who is in the later
stages of COPD. So I can't leave her unattended for too long. One of the
advantages of outliving all ones enemies. ;-)

I've got another project going that will take some steel cutting and
welding, outside work IOW, to fix a hoist over a milling machine, to
pick up an 85kg machining accessory and place it on (or off) the mills
table.

But todays project is to finish up the laundry.

People keep telling me I should act my age (85). I refuse. But it might
take me a little longer than it did 60 years ago.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis