[Nut-upsuser] Status of java interface

Mark McMillan mark at nc-mcmillans.com
Fri Jan 31 17:13:58 GMT 2020

Hello, I am embarking on a project using NUT on a Raspberry pi talking to a
Cyberpower UPS for storm event (e.g. hurricane) power management at a
remote location.

I would prefer to use Java as a programming platform for this application,
but I see the NUT Java project has not been updated in a long time (7
years?!). Is it being tested with new NUT releases or has been abandoned?
If the later, I recommend references to it be removed from
https://networkupstools.org/download.html.

If there is no current Java project for NUT I would be interested in
updating/creating one as I need this capability anyway and it is not overly
difficult to abstract and encapsulate the NUT interface with modern Java
structures.

Thanks.