[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 5E 2000i - incorrect values reported by usbhid-ups

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:00:45 BST 2020

Hi,

I've recently bought the UPS in subject to support a small load (around
60-80W). I've installed nut and did the basic configuration and confirmed
basic communication. At that stage I did not configure upsmon, but simply
was monitoring the values.
I carried out a test to see how long the setup would last - according to
the values reported via upsc - it should have been around 45mins. After
reaching 45mins the ups reported low battery, in fact the battery.charge
got down to 0 (so did the battery.runtime), but the power was still being
supplied. Ultimately after about 2h 10min I ran out of time to test and
turned the power back on.

Clearly either the values reported by the UPS or the interpretation inside
the driver is not correct. How can I correct this?

These are the values reported by the ups (there was a short power outage
before):
battery.charge: 23
battery.runtime: 696
battery.type: PbAc