[Nut-upsuser] UPS recommendation for NUT and power-on-delay support

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Sep 12 16:00:00 BST 2020

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020, Bartosz wrote:

> Could you please recommend me a UPS with 100% support of the ondelay parameter
> and NUT compatibility? 850 or 1000 VA I have the EATON 5E850iUSBDIN UPS and it
> does not support this parameter so I would like to buy another UPS that for
> sure will support it.

I have an Eaton Ellipse Eco 1600 bought in 2016 which has a delayed start
feature.  If wall power returns quickly, the UPS will wait this time to restart
the outlets.  But now that manufacturers seem to be silently removing this
feature from their UPS's I don't know if the current versions support
ups.delay.start

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020, Dan Langille wrote:

> Can you tell from this output? If not, what should I be looking for to answer
> your question?

If I understand the question correctly:

> ups.delay.shutdown: 20
> ups.delay.start: 30

Perhaps these commands also do something similar, but my Ellipse 1600 does not
have them:

> outlet.1.delay.shutdown: 65535
> outlet.1.delay.start: 3

Roger