[Nut-upsuser] UPSMON Liebart ITA2

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Dec 17 14:54:39 GMT 2021

On December 17, 2021 9:47:54 AM UTC, Muhammad Aslam <aslam at mullappilly.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to configure NUT for my UPS Liebart ITA2.
>If I use driver config as follows,
>[mge]
>#driver = blazer_ser
>driver = usbhid-ups
>#driver = liebert
>-x productid = 10af:1000
>port = auto
>
>sudo upsdrvctl start
>Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.4
>Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.41 (2.7.4)
>USB communication driver 0.33
>This Liebert device (10af:1000) is not (or perhaps not yet) supported
>by usbhid-ups. Please make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If
>this does not fix the problem, try running the driver with the
>'-x productid=1000' option. Please report your results to the NUT user's
>mailing list <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.
>
>If I enable the driver like this,
>[mge]
>driver = blazer_ser
>#driver = usbhid-ups
>#driver = liebert
>-x productid = 10af:1000
>port = auto
>
>***********************
>sudo upsdrvctl start
>Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.4
>Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol serial driver 1.57 (2.7.4)
>
>Unable to open auto: No such file or directory
>
>Things to try:
>
>- Check 'port=' in ups.conf
>
>- Check owner/permissions of all parts of path
>
>Fatal error: unusable configuration
>Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol serial driver 1.57 (2.7.4)
>
>Unable to open auto: No such file or directory
>
>Things to try:
>
>- Check 'port=' in ups.conf
>
>- Check owner/permissions of all parts of path
>
>Please help me to fix this.
>

>Thanks & Regards,
>
>Aslam

blazer_ser is for serial ports, so expects a device path like /dev/ttyUSB0 for dongles or /dev/ttyS1 for built-in ports (on Linux, other OSes have other patterns); try blazer_usb instead.

Also note the blazer (and other older Megatec/Qx protocol drivers) are deprecated in favor of unified nutdrv-qx -- try that too.

And also the "-x key=value" is for command line, remove the "-x" part in config file (leave just "key=value" there).

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android