[Nut-upsuser] NUT- APC BR1000MS

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:33:51 GMT 2021

This is really best discussed on the common mailing list since more people
can relate to their more experiences.

In the top screenshot, third line, upsd says it can not connect to the
driver's socket. Is the driver daemon started? (NUT has a 3-layer
architecture with vendor protocol/media drivers represented by upsd on same
system, and networked clients like upsmon running anywhere).

USB can suffer a number of problems, some with hardware (chipmakers do cut
corners; built-in MoBo or external hubs can add to the problem), some with
software stack (released NUT versions still use libusb-0.1, supporting the
very different 1.0 is part of why new release is protracted), some with OS
(device node permissions, e.g. see udev docs if on linux)...

It may help to run the driver as root to rule out the latter at least. Also
in the terminal you can bump verbosity to the max with `-DDDDDD` option to
check what it may complain about, e.g. discovery by device id, etc. Vendors
(in any industry) reserve the right and often do exercise it to change
components and their id's sometimes, to the point of marketing same names
for unrelated devices.

Jim