[Nut-upsuser] NUT with hibernation works only once

David Kačerek davidkacerek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 18:46:26 BST 2021

On Saturday, 31 July 2021 10:43:23 CEST, Roger Price wrote:
> Hello David, Does "systemctl hibernate" work correctly without any NUT
> function enabled?

Yes, I can run it multiple times subsequently and it always works. When
checking the status of nut-[driver|server|monitor] services they all keep
reporting "active (running)" after waking up from hibernation.

> What does command ls -alF /lib/systemd/system-sleep/ report?

david at atronach-opensuse:~> LANG=c ls -alF /lib/systemd/system-sleep/
ls: cannot access '/lib/systemd/system-sleep/': No such file or directory
david at atronach-opensuse:~> LANG=c sudo ls -alF /lib/systemd/system-sleep/
ls: cannot access '/lib/systemd/system-sleep/': No such file or directory

> Do you have something like nut-delayed-ups-shutdown.service which calls for
> the UPS to shutdown its outlets after N seconds?  For hibernation to work,
> you should disable this service.  I'm assuming you want the UPS to go on
> feeding the machine throughout the hibernation. (And to go on beeping.)

No, I don't have the service created. But I don't mind the UPS killing of
power - hibernation (=suspend to disk) doesn't require power after all unlike
suspend to RAM.

> I can see the png images on Google Drive using Google Chrome, but not the
> txt files.  With Firefox, I see neither png nor txt.

Let's try imgur, "Before hibernation.png":
https://imgur.com/nWepc7B

"After waking up.png":
https://imgur.com/kKBMvku

> The following technique for sharing files works independently of Google.
> Add the following code to .bashrc
>
>   # Post to https://hastebin.org
>   # Usage cat foo.txt | haste
>   # prints: https://hastebin.com/lupihiyeyi
>   haste() {
>     # set -x    # Trace this function
>     a=$(cat)
>     curl -X POST -s -d "$a" https://hastebin.com/documents |\
>     awk -F '"' '{print "https://hastebin.com/"$4}'
>   }
>
> To post NUT.report, use command
>
>   cat NUT.report | haste
>
> and post the URL that you get in return.  I believe the file is available
> for 30 days.

nut-report output:
https://hastebin.com/hoqabilobu

nut-journal output: