[Nut-upsuser] [EXTERNAL] Couple questions about the output of upsc command

David Zomaya David_Zomaya at tripplite.com
Mon Jun 14 13:19:45 BST 2021

> 1. Firmware version 15.5.1

Thanks. We've released several versions since 15.5.1, but we should be able to get it working.

Latest firmware is here:
https://www.tripplite.com/products/management-firmware-matrix

Probably makes sense to upgrade after we sort through the issues here, but 15.5.1 should work.

> 2. The card is rather hard to reach so I ran the reboot command from SSH. The command finished instantly and caused no loss of SSH connectivity, which surprised me, though maybe it actually rebooted anyways.

There should have been a drop of SSH connectivity.
Can you check:
* The "uptime" command from the CLI
* The event log for a "PowerAlert Started" event (one of these is written to the event log after each reboot)

My guess is either:
The uptime will not have reset and there will be no recent entry for "PowerAlert Started", or they'll both imply the reboot occurred after #3.

> 3. battery.runtime, ups.load, output.realpower are still fixed and unchanged, and battery.runtime.low/battery.charge.low are still missing.
I'd expect the same results on these tests until we get 2 straightened out.

Thank you,
David Zomaya
Tripp Lite

 This message is for the addressee's use only. It may contain confidential information. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender. Tripp Lite disclaims all warranties and liabilities, and assumes no responsibility for viruses which may infect an email sent to you from Tripp Lite and which damage your electronic systems or information. It is your responsibility to maintain virus detection systems to prevent damage to your electronic systems and information.