[Nut-upsuser] nut proxy setup?

K.C. Tessarek ml at evermeet.cx
Tue Nov 16 17:33:42 GMT 2021

I've searched for quite some time and read the FAQ, but to no avail.

I have a UPS connected to a NAS. Unfortunately I have to specify every single
client IP (ups slave), because the stupid NAS system (QNAP) does not allow me
to set a /16 or /24. Changing the config files manually does not work either,
because the service won't come up anymore. (One has to love QNAP at this point.)

Thus I wanted to setup a nut server + client on a separate machine X.

On X the nut client should read the UPS info via network. It works when
accessing it on X with: upsc qnapups at qnap-ip
Using upsmon also works.

Now I want to provide this info to other clients via the nut server on X.

But I wasn't able to set it up so that X is basically a proxy for the UPS on
the NAS.

Is this even possible? I really could need some help here. And no,
unfortunaetly I currently cannot connect the UPS to X and use the NAS as slave.

Cheers,
  K. C.