[Nut-upsuser] UPS Monitor Won't Start: invalid directive monitor

Jarrod Coombes emailjrc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 03:50:34 GMT 2021

> most of NUT is case-sensitive, so this should be "MONITOR".

That seems to have done the trick. Did I miss that in the documentation?
It's definitely not called out in the example config, is it possible to
make a suggestion that this get added? It would have saved a ton of time
and head bashing.

> If these dev nodes work, it is just coincidence

Well if I remove them, then I get errors about duplicate commands and the
upsc command clearly returns info from only one UPS. So it would appear
that the "port = " is definitely not being ignored by something.

>In your case, it sounds like you can specify "serial =" for each UPS in
ups.conf.

So "serial = /dev/apc-t" and " "serial = /dev/apc-b" under the appropriate
UPS in the config?

Thanks for the help!

Jarrod