[Nut-upsuser] Cannot connect to Kstar UPS

Phruk Jenphiphatkun phruk at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 03:16:46 BST 2023

Hi all,
I am quite new to nut mail list and not good in English.

My OS is Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy with linux 5.15.93-sunxi
Hardware is Raspberry pi
Nut version 2.7.4-14ubuntu
Install via apt-get install

UPS manufacturer : Kstar
Model : micropower
Cannot find the manufacturer on the HCL
Kstar is a oem manufacturer. That OEM to many brand.

Lsusb show :
Bus 006 Device 004: ID 09d6:0001 KSTAR UPS

The problem is

I connect Kstar UPS to my raspberry pi board via USB and start nut service. The service cannot start. It show text

“Driver failed to start (exit status = 1)

Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.12 (2.7.4)

No supported devices found. Please check your device availability with 'lsusb'

and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,

try running the driver with at least 'subdriver', 'vendorid' and 'productid'

options specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these options

(man 8 blazer_usb).
”

I try nutdrv_qx, blazer_usb, usbhid-usb. All nut service cannot start.
I try to put in subdirver, vendorid, productid but still cannot.

It seem like this UPS have a new hardware to communicate via USB.

Please advise what should I do.

Regards,
Phruk