[Nut-upsuser] Controlling Outlets on UPS

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 08:30:24 BST 2023

This normally depends on two things: vendor MIB allowing such control over
SNMP at all (e.g. "write this number to this OID to set the load-delay
timer for this outlet"), and someone having added and tested such mapping
to NUT common data-point naming (in a relevant *-mib.c subdriver).

So here NUT's role is to tell the UPS controller to behave in a certain
way. Actual behavior depends on abilities of that controller (here -
whether it has timers or other criteria for start/stop of outlet groups
without explicit external on/off commands in real time).

The clone driver is not too relevant for this role I think, it is a sort of
filter over the basic ability of the "one driver to rule them all", to
delegate certain manageable sub-units as virtual UPSes.

Jim