[Nut-upsuser] Enhanced driver troubleshooting

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 18:44:33 BST 2023

That's odd - a name like this is not default I think, so either you passed
it to configure script options, or in-place config mode deduced it from
packaging remnants?..

Either way, better than running as root or nobody, so useradd (maybe also
groupadd) are your friends here :)

Ideally, NUT drivers, upsd and upsmon can all run safely as different users
(upsd and drivers must share a run-time group for socket/pipe files), but
few people bother that far.

Jim