[Nut-upsuser] Enhanced driver troubleshooting

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Apr 26 01:30:12 BST 2023

On 4/25/23 18:11, Jim Klimov wrote:
> ups.load:8 is 8% right? just the RPi or more serious load? At lower values,
> the gauge might not be precise, maybe...

8 is max, depending on the mood its in it might show 0% for hours at a
time, that particular outlet, checked with a kil-a-watt is below what
the kil-a-watt can read. Does not include an 11 watt monitor but does
include everything else powered by a 5 volt, 5 amp supply, which is a
7i90FD interface card and the three 7i40TA cards that buffer the fpga's
puny outputs in addition to the rpi4b. That power level doesn't bither
me a bot. All machine power is controlled by the rpi4b, it controls 2,
60 amp SSR's that switch off the 240 to the machine if linuxcnc is not
running, and it wasn't when the shell freeze occurred.

> Wondering why the shell froze - could be systemd waiting for startup to
> complete (driver and other daemonware signalling it is forked and ready),
> which might take time. The `journald -lxn` may reveal more with all logs
> and timings, if you want to investigate. Might be just a slow RPi and/or
> I/O with the UPS. We had SNMP ones taking close to 3 minutes to init, when
> stressing with a hundred drivers on a smallish ARM box.

journald can't be found, by me or root.