[Nut-upsuser] Synthesize low batt (LB) fron SNMP UPS which doesnot support this?

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Wed May 17 06:13:05 BST 2023

Hi Gene,

On 5/16/23 21:08, gene heskett wrote:

> Take an extra vitamin b1 and start hacking ;o)
yeah ;-)

> Seriously, if its that important, do as I did when my last wife was
> dying of COPD.

:( sorry to hear

> Leave your ups setup as is but for under $10k (USD),
> have an automatic home sized standby generator installed to run the
> important stuff,

no room for that and also our set-up is kind of large, the two UPS
systems I'm talking about are 800kVA each and without doing the actual
maths, I'd guess we would need at least a 100kW generator.

That would come with all sort of other problems (getting a room,
deciding whether to run all the time for quick mains sync, i.e.
generator wheel is powered by mains when not needed, fuel exchange every
few months as gas add-ons tend to flocculate(?) when stored too long, ...).

So, I doubt that will materialize any time soon ;-)

Cheers

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 762 17185