[Nut-upsuser] Synthesize low batt (LB) fron SNMP UPS which does not support this?

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:02:54 BST 2023

Makes sense, and a PR is a way to solicit feedback :)

I'd document this for ups.conf (man page and examples), including a note
that for devices which do provide a healthy LB these values may be set to 0
safely. Wondering if non-zero defaults should be there anyway. @Community,
WDYT?

Also, this critical-state check should be done only when the UPS is on
battery (and perhaps not calibrating), to avoid shutdowns as soon as we
start after an outage :) (In a similar fashion, enterprise UPSes are known
to raise an FSD to their subscribers, if manually powered on before
criticality thresholds are cleared, since they can't guarantee a safe
shutdown to keep data intact, if wall power gets lost again).

Thanks,
Jim