Please help crash: null byte in argument for long()

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Apr 7 19:40:38 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 09:26:20AM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> If I see it right, the mapping is localUID:remoteUID, so you will have
> to find out the corresponding remote UID. Looking at the pattern of
> UIDs, I would take a bet that your missing UID is: 213742
>
> The only way to *really* find out is to fetch the UID from the local and
> the remote imap server using raw IMAP commands.
>
> Or to make a backup from the remote IMAP server
> to a local Maildir repository and check the UID in the filenames in that
> Maildir.
> (and same with the local IMAP dir and search for the mail with UID=61414
>
> But as I said, using 213742 looks like a pretty safe guess in your case.

This is not the first use case where fetching a mail by giving the UID
would be usefull.

What do you think about an option like

  --fetch-uid UID [--output-file FILENAME]

printing raw mail only to stdout or into FILENAME?

> This database also looks like a good candidate for sqlite'ification.

Yes, but it would be even better to improve internal data representation
everywhere it's possible. :-)