Splitting the lists?

Wed Jan 12 16:06:40 GMT 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:17:09 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier <support at plecavalier.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> As a user, 90% of what's posted here makes no sense to me and is of
> little value. Do we need to separate users from devs? If I take my own
> posts as an example I get about a 50/50 chance of being replied to. I
> attribute that in part by the abundance of dev posts.

Hi,

while I don't care about whether we split the dev and user lists (it
certainly makes sense if there is some amount of activity on the dev
list), I am not sure if your chances of getting a reply are much higher
if we split.

And this is not because we are an unfriendly lot, but simply because
perhaps no one knows the answer to your question. I know that I did not.

Most of the coders that have coded that up are not active anymore, and I
know that I never looked at how the nametrans stuff worked (as I never
needed it).

Once someone figures it out, it would be very helpful to create a set of
example configurations on some wiki or website, I would think.