Git release notes

Thu Jan 13 10:55:10 GMT 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:25:42 +0100, Philipp Haselwarter <philipp.haselwarter at gmx.de> wrote:
> So do yourselves a favour and don't procrastinate.

Hi there,
I am sure you don't mean it this way, but your tone comes across as
rather condescending (more than motivating or inspiring).

I believe that Nicolas is doing a great job as a
maintainer of offlineimap and if you look at the announcement emails
that he sent for each single release (summarized below for your comfort)
you can see that he did describe all high-level changes.

offlineimap was in non-maintainer hiatus for a few years(!) and active
development was only taken up again at the beginning of December last
year. If you believe you could have done a better job you had a few
years to pick it up.

While you have valid points that should be addressed I don't think there
is lots of value in trying to teach people that have volunteered because
no one else did for a few years.

Again, I am sure you don't mean it the way, but I have become a bit
sensitive over the years when people who just join try to tell us how to
do our unpaid job properly.