Offlineimap 6.3.3-rc1 hangs

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Mar 23 16:36:26 GMT 2011

>> ,---- | 3eee8213824d369a05ce927d6bb78145dc33b7ac is the first bad
>> commit | commit 3eee8213824d369a05ce927d6bb78145dc33b7ac | Author:
>> Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> | Date: Sun Mar 6 20:03:04
>> 2011 +0100
>> |
>> |     Simplify the syncing strategy a bit
>> `----

SS> It is a larger patch than I would have wanted it to be. But it
SS> essentially doesn't change behavior in the common case. Seeing that
SS> slowdown is certainly not what we want to see.

Well if it runs in the background and is semantically correct, that's a
minor issue. But still, faster would be better ...

SS> Can you run the version with "-1 -P profiledir" and send me an
SS> archive of the files in that dir after a sync run? If you can do the
SS> same for the old AND the new version, so I can see the differences,
SS> that would even be better.

I put both here :

http://www.umpa.ens-lyon.fr/~vbeffara/files/profiles.tar.gz

(both from my office on the same network as the server, so network
latency is not a problem).

HTH,

        /v

--
|                 |   UMPA - ENS Lyon   | Mél: vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr |
| Vincent Beffara |  46 allée d'Italie  | Tél: (+33) 4 72 72 85 25  |