Synchronisation with Exchange IMAP not updating remote

Gregory SACRE gregory.sacre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:59:53 BST 2011

Dear all,

I'm using offlineimap for a week now (and pretty happy user so far)
and I think it's not behaving as it's supposed to.
It might just be a configuration issue but I don't see it.

Here are the symptoms:

I use offlineimap to synchronize an Exchange server using IMAPs (the
Exchange server version is quite recent).
After first configuration and first run, it complained about an entry
in the "Calendar" folder so I removed all the "Exchange specific"
folders (see below in my .offlineimaprc).
Then, the syncronization went fine. I use mutt as MUA and move mails
from the INBOX to folders that were created during the first synchro
(so I didn't create folders on the local side, all the folders on the
remote are in the local and vice-versa).
But, when I connect using the Exhange OWA, the mails that I moved to
other folders are still in my INBOX.
Only the mails that were moved by the imapfilter process are where
they should be.
Here is my whole offlineimaprc:

$ grep -v \# .offlineimaprc | grep -v "^$"
[general]
metadata = ~/.offlineimap
accounts = Work
maxsyncaccounts = 1
ui = TTYUI
ignore-readonly = no
[mbnames]
enabled = yes
filename = ~/.mutt/muttrc.mailboxes
header = "mailboxes "
peritem = "+%(foldername)s"
sep = " "
footer = "\n"
[ui.Curses.Blinkenlights]
statuschar = .
[Account Work]
localrepository = main-local
remoterepository = main-remote
presynchook = /usr/local/bin/imapfilter -v
[Repository main-local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Maildir
sep = /
restoreatime = no
[Repository main-remote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = 192.168.12.4
remoteport = 143
remoteuser = <ME>
remotepass = <MYSUPERPASS>
maxconnections = 2
holdconnectionopen = no
subscribedonly = no
folderfilter = lambda foldername: not re.search('(Sync Issues|RSS
Feeds|Notes|Junk E-Mail|Journal|Deleted Items|Contacts|Calendar)',
foldername)
readonly = False

Did I miss something?
I read several posts where they were saying that they removed
"INBOX.*" using "folderfilter", but as you can see, I didn't.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greg