weird problem with offlineimap

Benjamin Slade slade at jnanam.net
Fri Aug 24 17:59:14 BST 2012

On my own system, I'm having an odd problem with offlineimap. I've cloned
the git repository, and done a system-wide install via "make clean",
"make", "sudo python setup.py install".

If I call "offlineimap" from any location other than than inside of the
downloaded git repo (e.g. from the commandline while in my home directory,
for instance), I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/offlineimap", line 20, in <module>
    from offlineimap import OfflineImap
ImportError: cannot import name OfflineImap

If I call "offlineimap" while I'm inside of the git repo, then everything
works as expected.

Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong, or something someone can
suggest as a fix?