ANNOUNCE: OfflineImap 6.5.4

sebastian at sspaeth.de sebastian at sspaeth.de
Wed Jun 6 09:30:23 BST 2012

> On Tue, Jun 05 2012, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de>
>> wrote:
>>> * Actually perform the SSL fingerprint check (reported by J. Cook)
>>
>> Which gives me the problem as reported here -
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5625
>>
>> Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
>> ERROR: Server SSL fingerprint 'f3043dd689a2e7dddfbef82703a6c65ea9b634c1'
>> for hos
>> tname 'imap.gmail.com' does not match configured fingerprint. Please
>> verify and
>> set 'cert_fingerprint' accordingly if not set yet.
>> *** Finished account 'ML' in 0:00
>
> if you add (as the error description tries to tell) a line
>
> cert_fingerprint = f3043dd689a2e7dddfbef82703a6c65ea9b634c1
>
> to the repository section of your gmail account, offlineimap will sync
> again AND prevent anyone from impersonating the gmail imap server from
> now on.
>
> this brings me to the thought if there shouldn't be upgrade instructions
> somewhere, as i was bitten by the same problem? are there?

No, there is no further upgrade instruction. I had assumed that the error
message is clear enough, outlining people on how to proceed. I guess not
:-).

I will add something about this to the configuration manual, which is also
online at http://docs.offlineimap.org/en/latest/MANUAL.html.

I hope at least the gmail sync works again for everyone.