New lead in OI

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 22 10:53:14 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 18:18 Fri 18 Jan 2013, X Ryl wrote:
>   I've read the sad news from Sebastian and Nicolas, and I'm wondering what
> are the expected evolutions to OI?
>
> I've posted some pull request to the main GitHub account, but does anyone
> maintains this account ?
> I've seen multiple patch posted on this list, but not as pull request on
> OI. So, what's the expected way to send patches ?
>
> I've finally took time to solve some single-thread issue (posted in the
> Github issue tracker), and I'll probably start solving the multithread
> issue soon, but will they get integrated somehow ?
>
> The more we organize the better it'll be for any potential maintainer,
> don't you think ?

Which is your github fork?  Do you / Did you integrate some 'floating
patches' from the mailing list?  I personally and as the maintainer of
the Gentoo package would pull and make packages from anybody who steps
up and does stuff that makes sense.  That's the "github popularity
contest" and if the 'official repo' can't compete, so what?

A more integrative approach would be to make you a member of the github
organization.  You should probably contact these people personally:
https://github.com/OfflineIMAP?tab=members

Cheers,
Thomas