OfflineIMAP-project Digest, Vol 67, Issue 3

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Apr 6 11:38:15 BST 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 09:33:16AM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> >> What's your setup? Do you have the Maildir feeding Dovecot database
> >> directly?
> >
> > Oh, and what versions guys are you using?

I should have requested your versions of OfflineIMAP.

> dovecot is indeed reading directly from maildir, using a very simple
> configuration:

Anyway, I think we won't support such configuration anymore because we
are bypassing Dovecot's IMAP agent.

I would encourage you to move to a IMAP/IMAP setup.

Feeding directly Dovecot database (Maildir) was supported by John as a
hackish and crappy way to update Dovecot. It is the historical way of
doing it because IMAP/IMAP was not supported at that time. Now that we
have IMAP/IMAP supported for years, direct feeding should be avoided.