Sync deleted emails with Gmail

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Aug 15 20:21:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 09:20:15PM +0200, Florian Gamböck wrote:

> you could instruct your mail client to move deleted emails to
> Gmail/Trash and leave the "real deletion" to Gmail.
>
> OfflineIMAP will synchronize, so the messages you want to delete will be
> uploaded to Gmail/Trash. This automagically removes every label from
> these emails, and with standard settings, Gmail will delete them after
> 30-or-so days.

Are you sure about that? Emails moved to the trash will be re-uploaded
and a new UID will be assigned while not from a UID MOVE command.

I don't know if Gmail will detect the emails are the same and react
accordingly. If so, I have no idea the rules they use to do this.
Headers signature? Perfect content match?