Speedup sync - Issue when network disconnectivity

Benoît benoit at neviani.fr
Wed Oct 12 16:31:00 BST 2016

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:21:45AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi Norbert,
>Hi Benoît,
>
>> I made intensive test and it seems that IDLE is not my friend !
>
>I agree with you. I have tried it for quite some time and have
>given up on it. What I do now is having a cron job running
>every 3 minutes checking for the main inboxes, and on a much longer
>time scale all mailboxes (takes too much time). The idea is basically
>from https://dev.gentoo.org/~tomka/mail.html with some slight
>(and not so slight) adaptions.
>
>Especially suspend/resume cycles kill idle/offlineimap, but I suspend
>my laptop soo many times that it is not feasible.

Thanks for your feedback's on your test now I know I am not the only one
:)

What I am using now is a systemd entry and this is where I am still not
100% of my parameters. (I guess you don't need theses as you cron
offlineimap to start every 3 minutes) :
socktimeout = 30
autorefresh = 0.5
quick = 10
holdconnectionopen = yes

If you/any other have some recommendation of theses parameters when
using into a systemd entry would be nice.

The main parameter I made some test and still have some issue is the
socktimeout (I tried to put 10 but sometimes it is not enough to connect
to O365 or on some bad wireless connectivity)

Many thanks

--
Benoît